Last updated: October 12, 2020
Hundreds of instructors teach with My Fit Pro. We are proud to give them a better way to teach. We also recognize that technology is an amplifier: it can enable the helpful and the harmful. That’s why we’ve established this policy. If you have an account with My Fit Pro, you can’t use them for any of the restricted purposes listed below. If we find out you are, we will take action.
- Child exploitation, sexualization, or abuse: We don’t tolerate any activities that create, disseminate, or otherwise cause child abuse. Keep away and stop. Just stop.
- Doxing: If you are using My Fit Pro to share other peoples’ private personal information for the purposes of harassment, we don’t want anything to do with you.
- Infringing on intellectual property: You can’t use My Fit Pro to make or disseminate work that uses the intellectual property of others beyond the bounds of fair use. You must also have a valid music licence that allows you to stream online.
- Phishing or otherwise attempting fraud: It is not okay to lie about who you are or who you affiliate with to steal from, extort, or otherwise harm others.
- Cybersquatting: We don’t like username extortionists. If you purchase a My Fit Pro account in someone else’s name and then try to sell that account to them, you are cybersquatting. Cybersquatting accounts are subject to immediate cancelation.
- Violence, or threats thereof: If an activity qualifies as violent crime in where you live, you may not use My Fit Pro to plan, perpetrate, or threaten that activity.
We’ve outlined these restrictions to be clear about what we won’t stand for. That said, this list is by no means exhaustive. We will make changes over time.
How to report abuse
See someone using a My Fit Pro for one of the restricted purposes? Let us know by emailing [email protected] and we will investigate. If you’re not 100% sure, report it anyway.
Please share as much as you are comfortable with about the account, the content or behavior you are reporting, and how you found it. Sending us a URL or screenshots is super helpful. We will not disclose your identity to anyone associated with the reported account.
Adapted from the Basecamp open-source policies / CC BY 4.0